11 September 2013
This FlucoFinder column’s goal is to share with the community, information about the schools. Here you will find news of events and activities of public interest, with details and contact information. The FlucoFinder logo was designed by Brendan Murray, a 2013 Fluvanna County High School graduate.
Fluvanna High School
• Ongoing: Mr. David Small’s TV production group will be producing and taping sporting events at School Board meetings for viewing on Charlottesville public access channel 14 and on Lake Monticello’s channel 977.
• The high schools newspaper, The Beat, can now be viewed at www.fluco.org/. It’s stocked with lots of photos and recent items of interest, plus it is interactive. Take a look, open to all.
• Oct. 17: There will be a community preview of “The Audition” by the FCHS drama class in the FCHS Auditorium at 7 p.m.. The show will then go on to statewide Virginia High School League competitions.
• Ongoing: The following varsity sports are well underway: cross country, football, golf, and lacrosse. Check flucoathletics.org for schedules, then come cheer them on.
Fluvanna Middle School
• Sept. 23: – Nov. 9: Students will be selling Attractions Books for $25. The book is filled with generous discount coupons for local merchants. The proceeds will benefit PTO activities. See Fluvannamiddleschoolpto.com or contact the school if you have not been able to purchase one from a student.
Carysbrook Elementary School
• Sept. 18: Day of Caring, come join others in a beautification project at school. Sponsored by the United Way. Contact school for details.
• Sept. 25: Pizza night. Buy a Papa John’s pizza (or more!) and return receipt to school. 15% from all receipts collected will go to the school. Also planned for Oct. 23 and Nov. 27.
• Sept. 26: Book Fair Family Night, 5 p.m. to 8 p.m..
• Nov. 19: Grandparents Day. Want to be a grandparent for the day? Fill out a volunteer form found at fluco.org and apply. Even if you don’t have a child at Carysbrook, lots of kids would love you to be theirs for lunch.
Central Elementary School
• Sept. 9-13: Book Fair.
• Sept. 13: Grandparents Day. Only for Central grandparents this time.
• Sept. 21: Fall Festival. Annual day of fun. A family affair with activities and carnival games, a cake walk, raffle and food vendors. 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
• Oct. 2: Fall Breakfast Day for teachers and staff, put on by the PTO to show their appreciation. Volunteers welcome.
West Central Primary School
• Sept. 12: Grandparents Day. Only for West Central grandparents this time.